Understanding the Samples
The github repo contains a samples app that demonstrates various features of the framework. There are two versions. One is written in plain HTML, found at 'platforms/HTML/Samples'. The other is written for the ASP.NET MVC Framework, available at 'platforms/Microsoft.NET/Samples'. Here's a brief list of what you will find there.
- hello - Demonstrates a basic hello world application which uses view/view-model location conventions and message box functionality.
- eventAggregator - Shows how to use loosely coupled messaging between modules.
- modal - Demonstrates how to show a custom modal dialog and how to leverage promises for return values.
- viewComposition - Demonstrates simple deconstruction of views bound against the same binding context as well as inline views and templated parts.
- widgets - Demonstrates basic bindable and templatable widgets.
- masterDetail - Demonstrates some activation features as well as containerless composition.
- knockout - The official knockout samples, running inside of durandal. Each one is encapsulated and deep linking via a child router is demonstrated.